Covid-19 Safety Measures
When booking your appointment your therapist will ask you a list of screening questions to determine if treatment is appropriate. You will also be asked the same questions upon entry to the office, prior to treatment.
The questions are from the Ministry of Health’s COVID-19 Patient Screening Document Guidance and the COVID-19 Reference Document for Symptoms. Should there be issues we will provide more information at that time of how to proceed. If you have any questions or concerns about the screening process or any of the other Covid-19 Safety Measures, please contact us.
To maintain the required distance of 3 meters (6 feet), chairs have been spaced out in the reception area. We request that you come into the building no more than 5 minutes prior to appointment time to limit the number of people in the reception area.
Please do not bring extra people to the appointment unless you are a support worker, guardian, or a parent accompanying a child.
Upon arrival to the office Patients must (1) wash their hands in the washroom, OR (2) sanitize their hands at front reception desk.
**Instructions on proper hand washing are posted in the washroom by the sink. Instructions on hand sanitization are posted on the wall behind the reception desk.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
The therapist must wear a surgical/ procedure/ medical grade mask. Gloves are not a requirement but may be used if working near eyes, nose and mouth.
Patients are advised to bring and wear their own mask; if this is not possible, we will provide one. If there is a concern such as breathing difficulties or other reason not to wear a mask please let your therapist know so options can be discussed.
Cleaning and Disinfecting
You will notice we have removed some items around the office for your protection and we discourage touching shared surfaces (ie. use touch pedals for garbage bins in bathroom). We are cleaning and disinfecting equipment with a “wipe-twice” method using products approved by Health Canada (cross referencing the DIN number). Logs on cleaning will be maintained at the reception desk and in treatment rooms.
What to expect at your Appointment
- Wash or sanitize hands upon arrival; if your hands are soiled, they should be washed rather than use sanitizer.
- We will require everyone who enters the office (patients, visitors, courier, guardian, etc.) to provide their name and phone number for Contact Tracing purposes only. Should someone test positive for COVID-19 we will have a record to report to our local Public Health Unit.
- Screening upon entry to the office will be done from the front reception desk (2 meters apart).
- You will be required to wear a mask since it will be impossible to social distance during treatment. We encourage you to bring your own mask. If this is not possible, we will provide one.
- We will schedule your next appointment before leaving the treatment room, then payment can be made at the front reception desk. This is to limit congestion in the front reception in case other patients are waiting.
- Treatment rooms and high touch areas will be cleaned and sanitized between patients.
- Treatment times will be scheduled to accommodate for social distancing between patients.